Mortgage Protection Insurance

Mortgage Protection Insurance

As the name suggests this kind of policy will pay your mortgage premiums if you are unable to work, for your employer, due to accident or sickness. Most policies will also pay your mortgage if you become unemployed or are are made redundant.

This type of policy is also known as ‘Redundancy, Accident & Sickness Protection’. They usually require that you be unable to work, or be out of work, for a period of 30 days or more and will pay your mortgage for up to 12 months.


You can optionally elect to also cover other mortgage related expenses such as life assurance premiums and household insurance premiums since these will usually be required by your mortgage provider.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *